Thursday, January 5, 2017

Have you Oiled your rock?

Father God, I thank you for this time today and I come to you with love and adoration.  Please open my eyes to see, my ears to hear, my heart to receive and my mind to understand the insight that you have for me today.  Thank you.  In Jesus Name, I pray, Amen.

Today I’m lead to a story about Jacob in Genesis 28:10-22.

Jacob was blessed and sent by Isaac to go take a wife.  He received the blessing and set out to fulfill the purpose given to him.  He took a step of faith and headed to the land of his mother as directed.  You probably heard this story as a child or maybe know it from a song; however, I will copy the verses for you to read a new for yourself to receive what added insight God has for you. 
Jacob’s Vow at Bethel
10 Now Jacob went out from Beersheba and went toward Haran. 11 So he came to a certain place and stayed there all night, because the sun had set. And he took one of the stones of that place and put it at his head, and he lay down in that place to sleep. 12 Then he dreamed, and behold, a ladder was set up on the earth, and its top reached to heaven; and there the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.
13 And behold, the Lord stood above it and said: “I am the Lord God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and your descendants. 14 Also your descendants shall be as the dust of the earth; you shall spread abroad to the west and the east, to the north and the south; and in you and in your seed, all the families of the earth shall be blessed. 15 Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have spoken to you.”
16 Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, “Surely the Lord is in this place, and I did not know it.” 17 And he was afraid and said, “How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven!”
18 Then Jacob rose early in the morning, and took the stone that he had put at his head, set it up as a pillar, and poured oil on top of it. 19 And he called the name of that place Bethel;[a] but the name of that city had been Luz previously. 20 Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me, and keep me in this way that I am going, and give me bread to eat and clothing to put on, 21 so that I come back to my father’s house in peace, then the Lord shall be my God. 22 And this stone which I have set as a pillar shall be God’s house, and of all that You give me I will surely give a tenth to You.”

Wow, there is just so much here.  I could expound greatly but will try to be concise and keep it hopefully short.  God created us from a thought with His purpose a part of us before we even were.  It is built into us to seek and know what our purpose is, to receive our Creator’s blessing for in that we receive peace, joy and fulfillment. 

Jacob was called by Isaac and he chose to go.  In going he received a blessing and a purpose.  He then went forth to fulfill that purpose.  It is the same with us.  God has called us.  We get to choose whether we go and seek Him, His will for us, His direction and His blessing.   

Jacob journeyed forth and came to a certain place and rested there using what items or tools were there.  Jacob rested on his journey.  He did not push through until he had arrived at his final 
destination, he rested when the sun set.  Hmmm, something to ponder.  How many of us actually rest in the evening after sunset?  Enjoy and partake of where we are placed to rest? Rest as in no longer doing chores, paperwork, etc.  Truly, purposeful, just relax and rest to receive from what has been accomplished (seen and unseen) and be renewed for what is to come.   

During his time of obedience in resting, he used a rock God provided through creation for his head.  Now a rock doesn’t sound to restful to me.  However, in my spirit the thought of a rock stirs me as it is something that is solid and dependable.  In a time of constant motion, solid, grounded and dependable is definitely a good thing in my opinion. 

During his rest on the rock he had a dream.  Stop and think … do you dream? Do you slow down enough that you truly relax to enter a restful state that releases control of your mind to allow dreaming and receiving insight from God?  Do you wake and allow yourself to acknowledge and receive insight from your dream?  Or do you jump up and rush into your day chasing after busyness that allows you to help fulfill someone else’s expectations and goals? Or keeps you in motion to portray activity to the non-discerning eye that suggests you’re doing something even if its running in circle?

Jacob was “on” his journey, not at his home base he departed from nor at his final arrival destination.  In this journey during this rest, Jacob became aware of a portal to Heaven where angels were descending and ascending from Heaven to Earth.  He received God’s word that his descendants would spread the earth and be blessed.  God gave his word he would keep them and bring them back to the land.  He further spoke that He would not leave until He had done what He had spoken.  Jacob was in respectful awe and acknowledged by taking the rock, placing it as a pillar and poured oil on top of it calling it Bethel (House of El or House of God).  He made a vow.  He proclaimed the rock as God’s house and declared he would give a tenth of all that God gives him. 

Wow, that makes me stop and take inventory.  I have thanked God for the tools He has provided for me to fulfill my purpose? To allow me to rest? Am I giving a 10th of them to him?  I must honestly say, in stopping and assessing, we have anointed our pick up and bikes with oil that we have stewardship over; however, I do not recall specifically anointing the car with oil that we have recently been stewarding.  Which then leads to the rest of what we are stewarding.  What we have had previously has been well prayed over and anointed with oil; however, in the busyness I realize that we have not stopped (rested) and with intent, anointed with oil the new that we have received to steward in the past few months.  We are firm in our conviction and vow to tithe not just money but our time, home, insights … we share our lives with you out of love (Thessalonians 2:8).  Today, I ask God to reveal all the things and areas that I have not “oiled” or given a 10th of.  I repent and ask God’s forgiveness, my family’s forgiveness and forgiveness of self that I got so distracted by things that I have allowed unbalance to enter in and have not “oiled” the tools provided us for our personal, ministry and business use.  Motivated to give thanks, praise and get oiling! 

Thank you for the investment of your time. 
May you hear and receive what is yours to hear from the sharing of a portion of my insights. 
Be blessed in the Name of the Lord.

Created to Serve,

Michelle Wendt
His Beloved, blessed wife and mother
My Father’s Blessing Ministries and Be Healthy His Way Mentor

For our Be Healthy His Way Team – Emotion Study Group:

Today diffusing and using:

Lemon Myrtle, Thyme, Acceptance, Eucalyptus Blue, Geranium

To support and expand in these areas:

Action, Purposed, Secure, Accepted, Embraced, Success, Understanding, 
Peace, Balance, Protected, Respected, Independent, Detached


To be a part of our Be Healthy His Way Team or purchase products:   www.1111order.com

To learn more about emotions and essential oils:    www.1111emotions.com

Contact us for more information:  BeHealthyHisWay@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment